NEW YORK (MainStreet) Emick's Auto is a car repair shop on Jasmine Street in Denver that services both Asian and American vehicles right around the corner from Gaia Plant-Based Medicine, a marijuana dispensary. Owner and mechanic David Emick prefers having the dispensary as a neighboring business because of the regulation that exists in the legal marijuana industry.
"There are laws against loitering in front of dispensaries," Emick told MainStreet. "I see a lot of loitering in front of liquor stores, but nobody ever hangs around Gaia. Customers are in and out and on their way."
- Marijuana Most Searched in New York Among Pot States
- Private Equity Firm Courts Traditional Institutional Investors for its Pot Portfolio
- Are Entrepreneurs Taking Big Risks in Recreational Pot Business?
- Cannabis Banking Bill Clears The House of Representatives
- A Tourist's Guide to Recreational Marijuana Dispensaries
The estimated 275 dispensaries that exist in Denver are largely located in lower income areas, according to a recent study released by the University of Colorado in Denver. But residents don't perceive the presence of a dispensary as undesirable.