Wet Seal (Stock Quote: WTSLA) has seen the biggest price increase in denim this year, up a whopping 113.9% from back-to-school 2010, according to Beder.
"We believe they have jumped on the bandwagon with the others who have raised prices and are going to take advantage while they rightfully protect their margins," Beder wrote in a note.
Wet Seal's average unit retail price is $32.08, higher than Aeropostale, Old Navy and Hollister.
- Here's How to Stay Within Your Budget This Black Friday Weekend
- Spend Thanksgiving Day In Shopping Mode? More Americans Are
- Loyalty Programs and Your Small Business: Which Ones Work?
- 'Hidden Price' of Business Is Paid by You, Making a Customer Service Complaint
- Credit Card Debt Continues Its Steady Decline
But Wet Seal is offering discounts on these higher prices. The fast-fashion player is featuring its "Rock Blues" promotion on its Web site, with five fits and 12 washes on sale for $19.50.
Are you concerned about getting the most for your back-to-school buck? Check out our look at the four products that are more expensive this year.