Gap (Stock Quote: GPS) is significantly more promotional than last year, with 40% off almost all categories of product.
The retailer has slashed the price on many of its styles of its 1969 jean to $49.95 from $69.95.
At its Old Navy chain, the average unit retail price for jeans is $24.67, a 12.1% increase from last year, according to Beder. This increase is likely a direct result of pricier cotton.
- How to Avoid Disaster With a Store Credit Card
- Here's How to Stay Within Your Budget This Black Friday Weekend
- Spend Thanksgiving Day In Shopping Mode? More Americans Are
- Loyalty Programs and Your Small Business: Which Ones Work?
- 'Hidden Price' of Business Is Paid by You, Making a Customer Service Complaint
This week, Old Navy's Web site is featuring an all jeans sale, with adult basic jeans starting at $17, kids basic jeans starting at $12 and the new flares starting at $19.50.