Urban Outfitters (Stock Quote: URBN) has the most expensive jeans at $63.33, an average unit retail increase of 3.8% from last year, according to Beder.
"The lack of uniqueness will make it much harder to justify increased price points in the eyes of the money-tight consumer given their various options," Beder noted.
Urban Outfitters reported a 21% decline in second-quarter profit to $56.7 million, or 35 cents a share, on revenue of $609.2 million. Wall Street was looking for earnings of 32 cents a share on revenue of $604.5 million.
- How to Avoid Disaster With a Store Credit Card
- Here's How to Stay Within Your Budget This Black Friday Weekend
- Spend Thanksgiving Day In Shopping Mode? More Americans Are
- Loyalty Programs and Your Small Business: Which Ones Work?
- 'Hidden Price' of Business Is Paid by You, Making a Customer Service Complaint