NEW YORK (MainStreet) Although many food items, such as beef, pork and oranges are rising in price due to droughts and crop viruses, there are still some items on the shelves that are affordable for budget-conscious shoppers.
"When you take a bird's eye view of the supermarket, now the situation is that inflation is stronger in the perimeter of the store than the aisles," said Ricky Volpe, a food economist at the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Nearly 50 Million Americans Battle Hunger
- Why Mechanics May Upcharge Women
- Nike (NKE) Vapor Irons Take Dead Aim at Next-Gen Golfers: Is Rory McIlroy Tiger 2.0 to Boost Sport's Flagging Popularity?
- Millennials Create Industry Competition by Switching
- This Guy Stole $500k from an ATM and Is Just Waiting to Be Caught