In an effort to match Wal-Mart and Best Buy, Amazon held its own, two-day electronics sale last weekend.
The Internet retailer will continue to feature specials through its "Gold Box" section, and this weekend (Nov. 12 and Nov. 13) Amazon will feature a 48-hour sale on HDTVs and video. The sale will include savings on select LED, LCD, and plasma HDTVs -- as well as additional items from top brands including Samsung, LG and Panasonic.
Amazon is also looking to be a leader in toys, taking 30% off hot items, including Toys Story 3 DVD, FurReal GoGo My Walkin' Pup, and Scrabble Flash Cubes game.
- How to Avoid Disaster With a Store Credit Card
- Here's How to Stay Within Your Budget This Black Friday Weekend
- Spend Thanksgiving Day In Shopping Mode? More Americans Are
- Loyalty Programs and Your Small Business: Which Ones Work?
- 'Hidden Price' of Business Is Paid by You, Making a Customer Service Complaint