Sears is attempting to compete with the big boys.
The department store, which is still struggling to return to a profit, is hoping to do so this holiday season, with several promotions.
Sears will open for the first time ever on Thanksgiving Day from 7 a.m. until noon, hoping to capture shoppers with appliance discounts. The retailer offered door-buster deals last weekend on flat-panel televisions, washer and dryer combos, cookwear and appliances.
It's Kmart stores also announced it is expanding its shipping offers on its Web site and providing free shipping on select purchases. The company also said customers can now buy items through the Kmart2go mobile web site or smart phone applications and select in-store pickup.
- How to Avoid Disaster With a Store Credit Card
- Here's How to Stay Within Your Budget This Black Friday Weekend
- Spend Thanksgiving Day In Shopping Mode? More Americans Are
- Loyalty Programs and Your Small Business: Which Ones Work?
- 'Hidden Price' of Business Is Paid by You, Making a Customer Service Complaint