NEW YORK (MainStreet) How long can retirees count on Social Security? The system is currently funded to pay full benefits only until 2033, according to the Social Security Administration. How to address the shortfall will no doubt be an issue Washington debates for years. In the meantime, many retirees who have earned Social Security benefits feel they may have left a great deal of money on the table as a result of a decision they now regret: taking benefits too soon.
- Senior Retirees Drain Assets Chasing 'Lottery Winnings'
- Public Sector Employees Are Worried About Retirement
- Retirement Savers in These States Are at a Disadvantage and It's Not Their Fault
- Retirement Planning for Small Business Owners and Self-Employed
- Skipping Your 401(k) Plan Could Yield Better Returns