Before you crack open that bottle of Stella Artois from the mini fridge at your hotel this summer, you should know that you're getting ripped off to the tune of a 370% price mark-up.
Our friends at Mint.com have created this nifty infographic to show you that no item in that mini fridge is a deal, unless you consider a 13% mark-up on Patron Tequila (the smallest mark-up Mint found) a great deal.
Our advice to remedy the situation? Go to the grocery store as soon as you drop your bags in your hotel room. Not only will you pay less by buying in larger quantities (who can only eat one BabyBel Cheese wheel anyways), but you'll save money by not paying for the convenience of the mini fridge.
Then again, some people like to pay for convenience. We guess the choice is up to you.
Budget Planner from Mint.com
—For the best rates on loans, bank accounts and credit cards, enter your ZIP code at BankingMyWay.com.
- How to Avoid Disaster With a Store Credit Card
- Here's How to Stay Within Your Budget This Black Friday Weekend
- Spend Thanksgiving Day In Shopping Mode? More Americans Are
- Loyalty Programs and Your Small Business: Which Ones Work?
- 'Hidden Price' of Business Is Paid by You, Making a Customer Service Complaint