If you're praying you won't be forced to host your family's Thanksgiving dinner because of the cost, stop. Wal-Mart will be offering a turkey dinner to feed eight that costs only $20 total.
Do the math: that comes out to only $2.50 per person. I'm sure all of the skeptics out there are thinking, "Ok, but will it really feed eight? How much turkey are we talking here?" So, here's the rundown, according to a Wal-Mart press release, of what the store is including in its offer.
- One 12-pound Grade A turkey
- Three 11 to 15.5-ounce cans Green Giant vegetables
- Two 14-ounce cans Ocean Spray cranberry sauce
- Three 6-ounce boxes of Stove Top stuffing
- One 5-pound bag of red potatoes
- One 12-count package of Sara Lee dinner rolls
- One 22-ounce pumpkin roll cake
Sounds pretty substantial to me, but one essential is missing - yams!
The deal does come with a few caveats, though. There is a limit of two turkeys per customer and the weights and brands might vary by store.
Wal-Mart's deal is possible because of their reduced turkey price, which is 40 cents per pound. The new pricing went into effect yesterday (Nov. 4) as part of Wal-Mart's pre-Black Friday super sale.
Wal-Mart isn't the only retailer offering some pre-Black Friday deals, though. Check out MainStreet's rundown of great holiday deals happening now.