- Refined sugar and even Paleo-approved sweets and treats (baked goods made with almond/coconut flour, foods sweetened with honey, maple syrup and/or agave nectar)
- All grains, including wheat, barley, oats, etc.
- All beans and legumes, including peanuts
- All processed, packaged foods, unless the ingredients listed are ALL real food items (i.e. spices, vegetables, meats, etc. "Natural flavor" is NOT natural.)
- Dairy* (some people on the Paleo Diet choose to incorporate pastured, fresh dairy if they find they are able to tolerate it, but for Whole30 purposes, no dairy at all.)
I know you're probably all like, "But I LOVE pizza!" because that was me, too. I'm Italian. I love pizza. It was hard to stop eating it, but I did it. I used to never be able to even SMELL pizza without needing to have it. Now, if somebody wanted to hold it under my nose, I wouldn't feel the need to take a bite.