Looking for a job? Here's a cool opportunity that just might be a great new start for the right person.
The position: "Aircrew" customer service rep for Airbnb.
Job duties: Provides support to extended staff. Responds to phone inquiries and e-mails. Provides administrative and back-end assistance. Serves as arbitrator between users.
The company: Airbnb is a marketplace that helps people with a room or apartment for rent connect with people seeking a place to stay.
Requirements: Requires a college degree, good writing skills and the ability to manage stress. Prefer candidates who are Airbnb users and who have previous experience with customer service, ticketing and CRM systems. Must have excellent people skills. Bilingual candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Americans Believe the Local Job Market Is Its Best since 2008
- Facebook, YouTube and Twitter Jobs Falter While Android Stomps Apple
- More Unemployed Execs Are Launching Startups as Jobs Become Scarce
- Do You Have to Reveal a Criminal Record When Applying for a Job?
- Should All Job Seekers Have a Personal Website?
Extra perks: Employees receive a travel stipend each quarter to travel to an Airbnb location.
Interesting info: Those hired will be flown to company headquarters in San Francisco for a week of training before they start working from home.
Other opportunities: The company also needs engineers, a director of communications, a visual designer and a marketing director.
—For all of the latest job news and job hunting strategies, check out MainStreet's Job Hunting topic page!