NEW YORK (MainStreet) — The holidays have long been a time to celebrate with family. More recently, people have included pets in their holiday gift giving.
An American Humane Association survey shows that 57% of American households have a pet and one in nine consider their pets a member of the family. The survey also shows that 63% of dog owners and 58% of cat owners give their pets a gift at Christmas.
Whether your canine or feline family will actually open a wrapped gift or not, we’ve compiled a list of 10 great pet presents for your furry one that will not break your budget:
1. Roaring back: Dinosaurs have made a comeback, at least in the realm of dog toys. One of the best-selling dog toys on Amazon.com is the Nylabone Durable Dental Dinosaur Chew Toys. $9
2. The fox and the hound: If your pooch isn’t into hard chew toys and prefers the soft ones, but you don’t like the mess when he pulls out all of the stuffing or the risk of him swallowing a squeaker, this Plush Skinneeez Fox might be just the thing that keeps Fido busy on Christmas morning. $6.52
3. Baked goods: Three Dog Bakery, founded in Kansas City, now has stores nationwide. They have delectable, locally made natural treats for your pooch. Nothing is better than chocolate, even for a dog (made with safe “chocolate”). Dottie’s Dipped Delights will no doubt delight your four-legged kids. $8.95
4. Nighty-night, kitty: If your cat doesn’t sleep on your bed and would like one of her own, this plush cat bed will keep her warm and comfy on cold winter nights. At Petco for $4.99
5. Bowl lickin’ good: If your pooch needs a new bowl, why not something that expresses what every dog lover knows? These ”Cold Nose, Warm Heart” bowls start at $3.99